Monday, June 20, 2011

An Amazing Daddy

Just thought I would share a little bit about why Jeff is an amazing Dad and we all love him so much. Jeff's Dad passed away when he was 7 years old and my Dad passed away when I was 4 years old. Given these parts of our story, neither of us had many experiences to show us what a father looked like. I think that is part of what has made each step of Jeff becoming a father and parenting his children so special for both of us. I said this in my first post but it is worth repeating. Jeff loves his children fiercely. It goes beyond any other earthly love. He challenges and encourages them. He teaches Toby what it means to be a man and both of them what it means to love Jesus. More than anything else, he plays with Toby and Addie. Whether it be legos or tickle duck, dance parties or popcorn parties, he makes being part of our family fun. Kaleb and Emnet have never experienced the love of a father and I am so grateful they will experience it with Jeff because he is a wonderful daddy. I could go on but instead, I will share a few of my favorite photos.





Adoption update: Emnet's birth mother did appear at the embassy today, however, the embassy decided they needed an independent translator, so the interview was rescheduled for tomorrow - boo. Hopefully I will have more information tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the comment on our blog. it was fun to find you guys and be able to pray for you and follow your journey! we'll be praying the embassy gets things figured out for you soon!!

    ReplyDelete